Station 1 is located at 3 Elm Street in the Assonet Village section of town. Station 1 was opened in 1948 and was the town’s first purpose-built fire station. Fire apparatus in Assonet were kept at the town hall prior to this. Station 1 is an unstaffed “call” station and is manned on an as-needed basis with off-duty and on-call firefighters. Station 1 houses one engine andone squad/forestry vehicle. Look below for more information.