Station 2 is located at 157 County Road in the East Freetown section of town. Station 2 began life in 1926 as a car dealership and repair garage. The town began storing fire apparatus at the garage in 1933 in order to improve fire protection in East Freetown. The building was purchased outright in 1969 and converted into a fire station. An addition was built in 1989 to add an additional apparatus bay as well as a training area. Station 2 is an unstaffed “call” station and is manned on an as-needed basis by off-duty and on-call firefighters. Station 2 houses two engines, one ladder truck, one ambulance, one brush breaker, and one marine unit. Look below for more information.
|Marine 2 is a 1974 13’ Boston Whaler with tow trailer. It is housed at Station 2and is used for water rescues on Long Pond and other bodies of water in town.|