As part of the town's agreement with the Greater New Bedford Regional Refuse Management District, two Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Days are scheduled annually. The first 2021 date scheduled is May 15, 2021, from 8:30am-12noon, at the Crapo Hill Landfill, 300 Samuel Barnet Boulevard, New Bedford. For directions and more information about the District, please visit gnbrrmdistrict.org.
New for 2021, signing up is required! To select a time slot, please click here.
- Open to New Bedford, Dartmouth, and Freetown residents only, ID required (no transfer station sticker required, just an ID)
- Examples of accepted waste include oil-based paints, paint thinner, and waste fuels.
- NO LATEX PAINTS. Dry out and throw it away in the regular trash.
- No motor oil, no antifreeze, no fluorescent light bulbs, no TVs, and no propane tanks. Take these items to your Transfer Station. If Freetown residents have questions about what is accepted at the Transfer Station, call (508) 644-2202 Ext 3.
- The maximum amount you can bring is 25 gallons or 25 pounds.
- Collection is for households only. No businesses, schools, or contractors, unless prior arrangements have been made.
For more information, contact the Refuse District’s recycling office by phone at (508) 979-1493 or by email at email@example.com.