The Absentee Ballot application in the attachment below is for use by:
A registered voter who will be unable to vote at the polls on Election Day due to:
1) absence from the voter's city or town during normal polling hours; or
2) physical disability preventing you from going to the polling place; or
3) religious belief;
A non-registered voter who is:
1) a Massachusetts citizen absent from the same; or
2) an active member of the armed forces or merchant marines, their spouse or dependent; or
3) a person confined in a correctional facility or a jail, except if by reason of felony conviction.
A "family member" may complete this application on behalf of a registered voter. A "family member" must be a spouse or person residing in the same household, in-laws, father, mother, sister or brother of the whole or half blood, son, daughter, adopting parent or adopted child, steparent or stepchild, uncle, aunt, niece, grandparent or grandchild.
The completed application may be mailed or hand-delivered, but must be received by noon on the day of the election. If mailing out of town, please submit earlier so it would allow ample time for the voter to receive the ballot by mail, to vote, and then return it to the Town Clerk's Office.